Alternative Investment Fund Overview
The Kingsbridge Alternative Strategies Fund is a single-strategy fund investing in Home Equity Investments (HEIs), an emerging asset class that is tangential to mortgages and private credit. The fund purchases HEIs at a negotiated pricing from multiple origination platforms and owns Equity Certificates from the securitization of HEIs.
The Kingsbridge Alternative Strategies Funds was established in 2009 with a contrarian and innovative approach to alternative investments. The fund’s strategy began in 2009 with a multi-strategy approach, which evolved to a single strategy fund as of August 2019, focused solely on investing in Home Equity Investments.
As a pure play fund focused on this burgeoning asset class, the Kingsbridge is a leading institutional investor in the HEI space, with a multi-year track record and proprietary portfolio analytics and technology..
The Kingsbridge Alternative Strategies Fund, LP is an open ended, private fund exempt from registration under Regulation D 3(c)5, that is open to investors that qualify as Accredited Investors and Qualified Clients.
A great investment strategy has three characteristics:
• A strong demand for capital
• The capital is used to solve a problem we understand
• There is adequate compensation for risking our capital
-David J. Dunn – Portfolio Manager
• Kingsbridge “Buy Box” purchases high quality contracts
• Continual contract purchases throughout housing market cycles
• Residential real estate is historically considered a stable asset class and long-term store of value
• Seasoned portfolio of existing Home Equity Investments
• Forward flow capacity to meet investor demand
Kingsbridge Alternative Investment Fund Highlights:
• Historically low correlation to public markets & positive correlation to inflation, capital gain/loss tax treatment
• Track record: 3+ years of net double-digit returns to investors on a diversified portfolio in over 100 housing markets nationwide
• Proven secondary market through securitization with broadening institutional acceptance of the asset class
• Kingsbridge believes that HEIs represent an attractive growth opportunity with a large investable market
• Kingsbridge is a leading institutional investor in the HEI space, with a multi-year track record and proprietary portfolio analytics and technology